If using tinned lentils and they have added salt, rinse them under cold running water — this can remove up to 60% of the sodium.
- Quinoa and lentil salad
- 225g cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 400g brown lentils (1 tin)
- ½ red onion
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Handful roasted pine nuts
- Handful sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons currants or finely chopped dates
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Yoghurt dressing
- 100g coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or powder
- Cooked quinoa and lentils as per packet instructions
- 1.Finely dice the red onion, chop the parsley and coriander, and squeeze the juice from 1 lemon.
- 2. Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and mix well.
- 3. For the dressing, lightly toast the cumin seeds (or ground cumin) in a pan and combine with the maple syrup and coconut yoghurt.
- 4. Serve the salad and top it with a dollop of yoghurt.
© 2021 Copyright Purple Nanny Chitter Chatter