Have you tried to buy hand sanitizer and the shops have all run out because of the current Corvid19 panic?
This easy to make recipe is a gentle alternative to the commercial brands and won’t dry your hands out like some well known brands do.
Tea tree oil is a known antibacterial (See here)
Makes 4oz of hand sanitizer.
- Small mixing bowl
- Small mixing spatula
- Glass bottle (brown, blue or green)
- Add essential oils and Vitamin E oil to a small glass bowl or container and mix using your spatula or by swirling the bowl.
- Add alcohol to the oils and swirl again.
- Combine this mixture with the aloe vera gel and mix well.
- Transfer hand sanitizer to small, clean squirt bottles. Coloured bottles are best so that the ingredients are not affected by light.
Shake gently before each use. (Sanitizer should last several months because the Vitamin E and alcohol act as preservatives)
To make a hand sanitizer spray, simply use witch hazel instead of aloe vera gel in this recipe.
If you’re not a fan of lavender, choose another antibacterial essential oil such as rosemary, sage, sandalwood, or peppermint.
❌ ALLERGY ALERT ❌
Please take care when using essential oils. Always work in a well ventilated area. Always spot test finished product before use.
To spot test – place a small sample of the essential oil, mixed with olive oil, on the inside of your elbow. Cover with a bandage and leave for 24 hours. Any sign of intolerance wash area thoroughly.
Never apply to broken skin